Sleep Apnea - Inspire Therapy
Sleep Apnea Treatment
Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder caused by repeated interruptions in breathing while you sleep. The Inspire system can alleviate this issue by delivering stimulation to key airway muscles, helping the airway remain open during sleep. Best of all – no mask or hose is required.
Five-year data show sustained results with Inspire Therapy, with 94% of patients satisfied with the treatment, and 90% of bed partners reporting little to no snoring.
The Inspire Procedure:
The Inspire system is placed beneath the skin of the neck and shoulder area in a quick outpatient procedure. The procedure is typically performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. For some patients, an overnight stay may be required.
The system includes a battery and 2 wires. You control the system with a handheld remote, turning it on before sleeping.
- No mask, No hose – Just sleep
- 90% of bed partners report only soft snoring or no snoring at all
- 79% reduction in sleep apnea events
- 94% of people are satisfied with Inspire
- 96% of patients say Inspire is better than CPAP & would recommend it to others
Appropriate candidates for the procedure are:
- Diagnosed with moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea
- Unable to use a CPAP or derive a consistent benefit from it
- Age 18 and older
- Not significantly overweight (BMI of 35 or less depending on insurance)
For More Information, Contact our ENT Doctors Today!
If you or someone you love is exhibiting symptoms of sleep apnea, request an appointment with one of the specialists at Austin ENT Clinic, or call our office to arrange a consultation at 512-381-2850.